The Payments Capture & Clearing (PCC) Council, developed by TAWPI in 2002, was designed to advance new thinking on payments solutions and best practices. Developing the payments expertise of industry stakeholders to help drive increased profitability, enhanced customer service and improved corporate agility, remains a priority for TAWPI. The PCC Council is taking steps to gain a better understanding of the emerging payments mechanisms that may impact operations, IT and product management for service providers and end-users alike, as well as identifying best practices for payments capture and clearing, regardless of transaction type or application.
- Leading companies, financial institutions and service providers engaged in an ongoing brainstorm on innovation.
- Exclusive research, white papers new articles.
- Networking opportunities and hands-on workgroups
- Three in-person meetings a year
- Work Group Conference Calls
PCC Council members include many different kinds of organizations, from small technology solutions providers to the world’s largest financial services organizations, consultants and companies representing most every major industry and payments application. The majority of our council members represent industries that are broadly grouped into these categories:
- Financial Services: Banking, Financial Markets, Insurance
- Communications: Telecommunications, Energy and Utilities
- Third-Party Services Providers: Lockbox Providers, Service Bureaus,
Bank IT Services Providers
- Technology Solutions Providers
- Payments Associations
The PCC Council takes its breadth and depth of insight on payments issues, processes and tools across a variety of applications, and creates resources to help our members deliver business value to their organization. We measure ourselves by how well we help members succeed in solving their biggest and most pressing payments challenges. In addition to our ongoing meetings, the PCC Council’s primary activities for 2007 include:
- Development of an interactive CD-ROM for managing multiple payments channels
- Creation of a white paper on the importance of payments matrix management
- Development of a comprehensive guide for implementing back-office conversion
PCC Council Facilitator: Mark Brousseau, email@example.com
PCC Council members today include:
|Allstate Insurance Company
American Family Mutual Ins. Co.Ameriprise Financial
Bank of America
Brousseau & Associates
Capital One Services, Inc.
Comcast Cable Communications, Inc.
Data Management Products, Inc.
Fidelity National Information Srvs
First Data Corporation/REMITCO
|Florida Power & Light
Garrett Consulting Group, Inc.
HSBC Bank USA
Sky Financial Group
U.S. Dataworks, Inc.
United States Postal Service
Federal Reserve Bank of Boston
Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland
Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City
Contact the PCC Christina Ransom firstname.lastname@example.org